I'm Ellyn Davis Founder of Tree of Life Beauty, welcome to our weekly Newsletter where we discuss important ways to age gracefully, “how-to’s” for keeping skin healthy as you age, and so much more about your skincare regimen.
This week we will discuss “Celebrate Your Wins.” If you missed any of our past newsletters, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to send a list of the available articles and forward any to you that you may be interested in.
Also, please be advised that we are not doctors or dermatologists, and this article should not be taken as medical advice or any medical statement. Any questions or issues involving your skin-care needs should be taken up with your doctor at all times, and we highly recommend you consult with your doctor before taking up any skin-care regimen.
Celebrate Your Wins
This time of year people generally reflect on the past year, and what they’d like to change for the better next year so that, come January 1, they can make New Year’s resolutions. I’d like to suggest that this holiday season you do something different than just make resolutions, and that is CELEBRATE YOUR WINS. Take time to really appreciate all the hard work you've done, the efforts you've made, and all the great things you’ve accomplished in your life over the past year.
Not sure what wins to celebrate? Think about the last year and answer these questions:
- Who did you love?
- Who did you help?
- What new, interesting things did you try?
- What bucket list item did you fulfill?
- What did you accomplish at work?
- What good thing did you do for your health? For your finances? For your relationships?
- What things that made you unhappy did you let go of or stop doing?
- What new things did you learn?
- What did you do that you didn’t think you’d be able to do?
Now, pick a few of your favorite wins and think of a fun way to celebrate them. If you’re stuck on how to celebrate, here are some ideas:
- Throw a victory party for yourself and invite your nearest and dearest friends and family.
- Plant a tree in honor of your win - either in your backyard or dedicate a tree through www.treepeople.org.
- Splurge on yourself. Treat yourself to flowers, chocolates, a spa day, a mani-pedi.
- Buy yourself something luxurious.
- Treat yourself to your favorite meal and savor every bite.
- If you live in a state that allows fireworks, buy some and shoot them off.
- Have someone take a photo of you with your arms raised in victory and a big smile on your face and post the photo on Facebook or Instagram so your friends can share in your win!
Put a copy of this photo in a beautiful frame as a constant reminder of all you have accomplished.
Wishing you love, laughter & happiness—and plenty of new things to celebrate!
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
Ellyn Davis and
The team at Tree of Life Beauty