Do you miss the days of a relaxing break? Are you longing for a vacation? Are you getting bogged down by work and stress?
Do you need a vacation?
Even if you can’t take the time off work or afford to jet off to the hottest destination, you can take a mini-vacation this weekend!
- Do something touristy in your city.
Whether you live in a small town or metropolitan city, we all have a local “site” that we haven’t been to since we were young. If you’re in New York City, go to the top of the Empire State Building. If you are in a small town in Kansas, go to a historical site, hiking trail or visit your local museum.
Doing or trying something new is a great way to both excite and relax your body. Did you know that trying new things actually has wellness benefits, like a boost in brainpower and self-confidence?
- Watch a movie with an exotic setting.
Put on your pajamas and turn on a movie that whisks you away to a foreign location that you’ve always wanted to visit. Want to go to Hawaii? Try 50 First Dates. Want to jet off to Scotland? Check out P.S. I Love You. Search online to find movies set in your favorite location.
After you’ve picked a destination, treat yourself to food from there too. Don’t have Hawaiian food in your small town? Look up an easy recipe online and have fun cooking something new and exciting.
Use this as an opportunity to experience a new culture—even within your own house.
- Treat yourself to an at-home facial.
An at-home facial is the easiest way to have a spa getaway without actually getting away. Here’s how to have a successful, vacation-worthy facial at home:
- Gather together all the products you’ll need. Put them on the counter in the bathroom. You don’t want to leave the bathroom during this time if possible. You want it to become your sanctuary.
- Lay out your products in the order you’ll use them. Find the order of our 7-step facial here.
- Fill up a tall glass or water bottle with cold water. Put in some slices of cucumber if you have it. This adds that spa-like taste while helping cleanse your system of toxins.
- Wrap yourself in a comfy robe. Don’t have one? Treat yourself to a new robe the day before your staycation! The fluffier the robe, the better.
- Take your time as you apply each product to your face. Feel how the exfoliator moves across your skin. Notice the smell of the toner. This will help you be more mindful and relaxed.
- If you have a bath, run a warm bubble bath. You should relax in the bubble bath while your facemask is setting.
The purpose of an at-home facial is twofold: relaxation and rejuvenation. You want a relaxing experience that will also rejuvenate your skin. Take this time to pamper yourself.
- Build a home paradise.
Create a comfortable atmosphere in your own home that separates you from the rest of the world. Maybe you build a fort of comfy blankets where you can read and relax. Maybe you section off a nook dedicated to your painting.
Create a space that is completely your own. You are more likely to be productive, creative, and happy if you have a “me” space. Encourage your partner to do the same in another room. This allows you to set up your own mini-vacations to enjoy your own individual hobbies. Remember that alone time is just as important as spending time with friends and family.
- Go one town over.
This one isn’t in your hometown, but it’s close. Take an adventure to a nearby town where you don’t usually venture. Maybe you go to a cool cultural restaurant 6 miles away that you’ve never been to. Maybe you take a walk around the park in the local city center.
The point is to go somewhere new and try something new. The best part of a vacation is a unique experience in a fresh location—which you can do even in your own state.
Treat yourself this weekend to a staycation. A calming experience at home paired with a new nearby adventure is the best way to relax and rejuvenate your body.
When you treat yourself to a vacation, you’ll be happier, more productive, and more positive—which will radiate to your friends and family as well.
It’s time to treat yourself with our green tea and white tea exfoliating facial scrub.
How are you going to vacation this weekend? Share this article with your vacay plans!